Why Do We Often Fail at Self-Care?
Practicing self-care isn’t always easy.
- Most of us are crazy busy, have stressful jobs
- Are too consumed with technology to make time for ourselves.
- Me-time is usually last on the agenda.
- Worse, we can sometimes feel guilty about taking the time required to take care of ourselves.
How Can I Engage?
There are many different strategies to engage in self care. No matter which approach you choose, the goal is to figure out which self-care strategies work best for you, learn how to use these strategies, and implement them in your regular routine so you can boost your well-being not only today but forever.
A Few Self Care Tips
- Make sleep part of your self care routine. Sleep can have a huge difference on you emotionally and physically.
- Reducing stress is also key. If you have work-related stress (like many of us! LOL) consider the best ways to calm yourself after a hard day or relax more while on the job. Remember YOUR HEALTH COMES FIRST!
- Exercise! (You knew that one was coming LOL) Daily exercise can help you both physically and mentally, boosting your mood and reducing stress and anxiety, not to mention helping you shed extra weight. 😉
Say no to others, and say yes to your self-care! Many of us feel obligated to say yes when someone asks for our time or energy. However, if you’re already stressed or overworked, saying yes to loved ones or coworkers can lead to burnout, anxiety, and irritability. Once you learn how to politely say no, you'll start to feel more self-confident, and you'll have more time for your self-care.
✨THANK YOU FOR READING. I HOPE IT HAS PROMPTED YOU TO CONSIDER YOUR SELF CARE PRACTICES.
Sending You Love & Light ✨💕